"This episode is brought to you by Podhero, the easiest way to support your favorite podcasts. Did you know that only 1% of the biggest podcasts make money? It's true. The other 99% rely on support from listeners like you. With Podhero, you can support all of your favorite podcasts with one $4.99/mo membership. Just click the link in the show notes, tell Podhero your favorite podcasts (don't forget Blendingthefamily), and your contribution gets shared between shows at the end of the month. Podhero works with almost all podcasts, there's a 0% platform fee (we don't take a cut), there are no contracts, and you can try it free for 30 days."
Before we start, I need your help.
My guest on this week's podcast is Erika Englund. She has a positive way of celebrating her divorce. I am not sure how many of you could spend time with your former spouse?
Erika is a tech founder and the world has changed in the years since my divorce back in 2008. With the explosion of Apps, it is at times a better way to co-parent and even communicate with your former.
Erik opens up with telling her story of how she never won a case as a litigator. However, it did set her up for a path where she is much happier (nachos and whale watching became her "ah-ha" moment) today.
Erika's bio goes a little something like this:
Erika Anne Englund is an attorney, mediator, law professor, and legal tech founder.
Now practicing exclusively out of court, she has mediated over five thousand hours of successful divorce resolutions. As a single parent of two young children, Erika experiences the joys and challenges of divorce life on a daily basis, happily co-parenting with her former husband (most of the time – she’s not perfect). Erika has an unwavering belief that divorcing people deserve better than the current court system provides. It is her life’s goal to work in the legal, educational, and technological fields in order to effectuate this change.
A few weeks before the divorce finalized, we started celebrating “familyversary,” turning our wedding date into something happy, rather than leaving it as a reminder of something sad. There is a great story about how the first familyversary came about (magic? Coincidence? Divine intervention?). We’ll be celebrating our 16th familyversary (2020) next week.
Read our recent Sacramento News & Review interview: https://www.newsreview.com/sacramento/erika-englund-divorce-mediator/content?oid=25036064 .
Tommy Maloney is the Executive producer and host of the podcast Blending The Family, where you can find on Apple Podcasts, Iheart Radio, Spotify, and Stitcher Radio.
Tommy has spoken at TEDx, Ignite Fort Collins, and Keynote Speaker at Everything Dad Convention. He even has won speaking awards through Toastmasters International.
The author of the books "25 Tips For Divorced Dads." "Why not you, Why Not Me" and His new book, "My Dad's Advice At 5:04 AM" is coming out in 2020. He has written for magazines: The Good Men Project, Modern Gladiator, and Nurture Magazine. Plus, he has been a guest writer.
Tommy enjoys a good red blend while writing or hiding from the family. A dad to Betsy, Becca, Connor, and Duke (RIP), Otis. A husband to Ann.
TEDx Talk: https://youtu.be/azG2K47iz4Q
Apple Podcasts: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tommy-maloney/id958223196?mt=2
Linked In: https://www.linkedin.com/in/thetommymaloney
The Good Men Project: https://goodmenproject.com/author/tommy-maloney/